Child Development and Pedagogy
CTET Child Development and Pedagogy: Distribution of Questions
- Child Development (Primary Stage): 15 Questions
- Concept of Inclusive Education and Understanding Children with Special needs: 5 Questions
- Learning and Pedagogy: 10 Questions
CTET Child Development and Pedagogy Important Topics
- Theories of Intelligence
- Theories of child Development
- Learning theories
- Intelligence theories
- Assessment & Evaluation
- Concepts of Psychology
CTET Child Development and Pedagogy Preparation Tips
- Attempt Mock Tests
- Revise Previous Year Question Paper
- Prepare Thinkers Ideology Well
- Attempt All the Questions
CTET Child Development and Pedagogy Questions
1. The word “Pedagogy” means?
A. to guide the child
B. to lead the child
C. to educate the child
D. to understand the child
2. Pedagogy is the study of
3. Which one of the followings indicates child’s physical growth ?
4. The best method to study growth and development of the child is–
A. Psychoanalytic Method
B. Comparative Method
C. Developmental Method
D. Statistical Method
5. The use of technology to enhance learning process is called __________ in education.
6. Term PSRN in development implies–
A. Problem solving, reasoning and numeracy
B. Problem solving relationship and numeracy
C. Perceptual skill, reasoning and numeracy
D. Perceptual skill, relationship and numbers
7. “Individual learns from his own mistakes” This statement is based on which learning theory ?
A. Instrumental conditioning
C. Trial & Error
D. Classical conditioning
8. What should be the role of teacher in meeting the individual differences?
A. Try to know the abilities, interest and aptitude of individuals
B. Try to adjust the curriculum as per the needs of individuals
C. Both (A) and (B)
D. None of these
9. Teachers should present information to the students clearly and in interesting way, and relate this new information to the things students
C.willing to know
D.not willing to know
10. If a child has mental age of 5 years and chronological age of 4 years than what will be the IQ of child?
11. Which of the following statements is not true ?
A. Growth is a biological process
B. Development is a quantitative process
C. Education is a goal-oriented process
D. Learning is a process of behavioural changes
12. Which of the following is not the tool for Formative Assessment in sholastic domain?
A. Conversation Skill
B. Multiple Choice Question
D. Oral Questions
13. According to John Dewey, school is a __________ institution, and education is a __________ process.
14. Special education is related to–
A. Educational for talented students
B. Educational programmes for disabled
C. Training programmes for Teachers
D. Training programme for retarded
15. Which of the following statement is not true in case of multiple choice questions ?
A. Even an inexperienced teacher can prepare the questions easily
B. All choices appear to be plausible
C. Error-free and quick evaluation is possible by computer
D. Only one of the choices is the correct answer
16. According to John Dewey, schools must prepare students for
17. What type of evaluation identifies learning deficiencies and difficulties of the learners ?
18. As people grow older, the __________ of learning declines.
19. Both the chronological age and the mental age of a pupil is 7 years. He may be classified into which category ?
A. Below normal intelligence
B. Normal intelligence
C. Superior intelligence
20. Which from the following should be used to increase correct responses and appropriate behavior?
21. Which is different from the other three with respect to fine motor Movement ?
A. Dot Joining
D. Separation of fruits and vegetables
22. At the pre-primary stage reading aloud while writing is given importance. This is based on which theory of learning ?
A. Trial & Error
23. According to Emile, the noblest work in education is to make a/an
24. Which one of the following is not taken into consideration while preparing the blue-print for a test ?
B. Instructional objectives
C. From of questions
D. Teaching time
25. The field of study concerned with the construction of thought processes, including remembering, problem solving, and decision-making is called
26. Psycology is a —————.
A. science of soul
B. science of mind
C. science of consciousness
D. science of behaviour
27. The more often a particular ability is used the __________ it becomes.
28. Which is not a factor of motivation ?
29. The longer a particular ability is unused the __________ it becomes.
30. What is the stage from 2 to 6 years called ?
C. Later childhood
31. According to Jean Piaget, children develop abstract logic and reasoning skill during
C.Formal operational stage
D.Concrete operational stage
32. The teacher studies pupils group behaviour mainly by which of the following methods ?
C. Case history
33. Children are usually egocentric during __________ and __________ stages.
B.Formal operational, Sensorimotor
C.Preoperational, Concrete operational
D.Concrete operational, Formal operational
34. Which one does not indicate child’s emotion ?
35. According to Jean Piaget, children are no longer egocentric when entering
C.Formal operational stage
D.Concrete operational stage
36. Which one is not an element of intellectual development ?
37. According to Piaget’s theory of cognitive development, the Concrete operational stage starts at age
38. Which class of learners are not included under “Exceptional Category” ?
39. According to Piaget’s theory of cognitive development, the Formal operational stage starts at age
40. Which one of the following is not an element of mastery learning ?
A. Use of alternate text-book
B. Alternate methods of teaching
C. Child-centred learning activity
D. Group teaching
41. The more parts of your brain you use, the more likely you are to __________ information.
42. Which one of the following is measured by continuous comprehensive evaluation ?
A. Holisitic development
B. Development of creativity
C. Development of experience
D. Development of divergent thinking
43. The conclusion of a deductive argument is
44. Which of the following is a dimensional teaching aid ?
A. Black Board
B. Display Board
C. Still Picture
45. The most recent response is most likely to
D.not occur again
46. Rousseau advocated an educational method which consisted of removing the child from
47. Who advocated removing children from their mothers’ care and raising them as wards of the state?
48. The Waldorf education approach emphasizes a balanced development of
A.head and heart
B.heart and hands
C.head and hands
D.head, heart, and hands
49. Plato believed that talent and intelligence are
C.not distributed genetically
D.not distributed gender-wise
50. A priori knowledge is knowledge that is known independently of
51. A posteriori knowledge is knowledge that is known by
52. According to John Locke, a child’s mind does not contain any
53. The philosopher who for the first time mentioned the importance of play (or sports) in education was
54. We calculate average marks of a student in the way as we calculate
55. The concept of pragmatism in educational philosophy says that education should be about
C.life and growth
D.shaping good citizens
56. The idea of practical learning means education should apply to the
57. An aspect of pragmatism is experiential learning, which says, education should come through
58. The concept of perennialism in education means school curricula should focus on what is
A. in need
B. in demand
59. According to John Dewey, children should experience __________in school to make them better citizens.
60. Progressivism believes that education comes from the experience of the
61. The idea of teaching the whole child in the “philosophy of pragmatism in education” means teaching students to be good
62. Progressivism believes that children learn in a/an
63. The curriculum of educational institutes should be based on
C.theory and practice
D.theory, practice and research
CTET Child Development and Pedagogy Books
- Child Development & Pedagogy – Shalini Punjabi
- CTET Central Teacher Eligibility Test Success Master Paper – Arihant Experts
- CTET Central Teacher Eligibility Test Practice Workbook Mathematics and Science – Disha Experts
Best Books for CTET
- CTET Books for Mathematics – Quantitative Aptitude For Competitive Examinations, Edition: 7
- CTET Books for Hindi – Arihant Publication
- CTET Books for Environmental Studies – Wiley Publication
- CTET Books for English and Pedagogy – Geeta Sahni (Pearson Publication)
- CTET Books for Social Studies – Disha Publication